Lori A Andrus is the founder of the Crystal Shaman School, an artist, and a soulful traveler.
With great joy and deep commitment, she artfully blends her background as an occupational therapist with nearly two decades of deep study in the areas of spirituality, earth-based healing, ceremony, and crystal wisdom.
Known for asking spot-on questions, she invites her students and clients to explore the most intimate facets of their soul.
Her creative and inspiring online programs offer high level content and breakthrough lifestyle applications. They open pathways for individuals to rise into their soul wisdom and shine brightly in the world.
Lori is the host of Crystal Shaman Life Podcast where she shares practical ways to bring crystal wisdom and sacred practice into your everyday life.
She holds a bachelors of science degree in psychology and a master’s degree in occupational therapy. She is a graduate of The Four Winds Healing the Light Body School, a Reiki Master/Teacher, and a practitioner of Crystal Shamanism. She has traveled extensively throughout the Sacred Valley of Peru, studying with the high mountain medicine men and women.
Lori’s award-winning and wildly transformational jewelry designs have been featured in Spirituality & Health magazine, selected as Best of Show at the International New Age Trade Show, and are worn by women and men worldwide. loriaandrus.com
Certifications and Other Areas of Study
- Private Shamanic Mentoring - Michele Grace Lesserard (current)
- Healing with Spiritual Light - Sandra Ingerman (2019)
- Egyptian Shamanic Alchemy - Nicki Scully (2018)
- The Art of Living - don Theo (2018)
- Crystal Reiki Master Certification - Lisa Powers (2018)
- Physical Geology - University of WI, Green Bay (2017)
- Working with the Khuya Misa - Adolfo Ttito Condori (2016)
- Active Dreaming: The Essential Training - Robert Moss (2015)
- nu Icon: the movie - featured nu Icon - Laura Hollick (2015)
- Marie Forleo: B School Alumni (2015)
- Writing from the Soul - Dr. Wayne Dyer and Reid Tracey (2014)
- Transformational Author Experience - Christine Kloser (2013)
- nu Icon Mentorship Program + Private Mentoring - Laura Hollick (2011 -2013)
- Write, Speak, & Promote: Become a Mover & Shaker - Reid Tracey, Cheryl Richardson, Louise Hay (2011)
- JourneyDance™ Teacher Training - Toni Bergins (2010)
- Via Illuminate (Program Assistant for Peru tour) - The Four Winds Society (2010)
- Teaching Assistant for the Healing the Light Body Program - The Four Winds Society (2009 - 2010)
- Mastery of Time - The Four Winds Society (2008)
- Walking with Protection - The Four Winds Society (2008)
- Working with the Sacred - The Four Winds Society (2008)
- Advanced Divination and Seeing - The Four Winds Society (2008)
- Altomesayok Expedition: Sacred Valley of Peru - Rainbow Jaguar Institute, Jose Luis Herrera (2008)
- Certified Shamanic Energy Healer - The Four Winds Society - Healing the Light Body School (2007 - 2008)
- Munay-ki Rites - The Four Winds Society, John Effland (2007)
- Hands on Crystal and Sound Healing - Nameste Healing Center (2007)
- Certified Energy Practitioner - Spiritual Mastery and Energy Healing with Martina Schmidt (2006)
- Shamanic Vision Quest - Deborah Murphy (2006)
- Reiki I, II, and Master/Teacher - Golden Light Healing (2003 - 2004)
- Master's Degree in Occupational Therapy - Concordia University (2000)
- Bachelors of Science Degree in Psychology - Concordia University (1999)
How do we work with and hold sacred the word Shaman?
The word Shaman originated from the Manchu-Tungus word šaman which means 'one who knows'.
It is used to describe the medicine men and women who enter into altered states and navigate spirit realms on behalf of an individual or their community for healing, insight, deeper understanding, and affecting a harmonious relationship between the physical and spiritual worlds.
This word has been adopted and adapted by the anthropological community and transferred as a generalized name for medicine men and women in indigenous communities.
The word shaman has also become generalized within the spiritual and new age communities as an archetypal energy for practitioners of energy healing who draw upon techniques such as shamanic journeying, ceremony and ritual, drumming, rattling, and working with plant medicine for healing, clearing space, and lifting heavy energy.
Many of these practices have global roots and live within a mystical commons.
At the Crystal Shaman School we acknowledge and honor the origin of the word Shaman. We recognize its generalized uses do not reflect the name or nature of practices unique to medicine men and women within individual indigenous communities.
We choose to work with the word shaman as an archetypal energy.
Having studied, in depth, with many shamanic teachers, Lori has come to know that within each tradition the medicine men and women are referred to by a name that is unique to their culture and tradition. These names are as unique and sacred as the medicine their tradition brings to the world.
At the Crystal Shaman School we believe that part of honoring a lineage and the medicine carried by that lineage is also honoring the words used to identify healers.
We do not share direct teachings from ancient lineages as those are part of a unique culture. We believe that the responsibility and right to share those teachings lives directly within the lineage.
Through her immersive experiences within the Peruvian culture, wisdom, and teachings, pathways for nurturing an intimate relationship with self, with spirit, with the crystals, and with all of life have opened.
We believe this is the core of shamanic practice; direct, sacred connection with spirit, with self, and with life.
The Crystal Shaman School offers programs and classes that work with sacred practices that are shamanic in nature and identified within the mystical commons to access the wisdom within, to open ones heart and embrace their wholeness.
Our programs invite participants to reclaim their true nature and step into their spiritual sovereignty.
Interested in collaborating with, interviewing, or featuring Lori?
Lori loves inspiring others to step on their spiritual path through storytelling and the sharing of practical wisdom and rituals.
Contact Lori with invitations for collaborations, features, or interviews. Click here
Lori's work has been featured here . . .